ryeness finds profound satisfaction in making dinner for his beloved T.Moong ki dhal and basic chicken adobo to wipe away the stresses of today.--via Twitter
1 cup Moong Dhal (picked, washed, soaked for 1/2 hour)
1 pc onion (medium sliced finely)
1 tsp Nigella
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Coriander seeds
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp ground fenugreek
1 tsp (each) chopped ginger and garlic
1/2 tsp (each) cumin and mustard seeds
2 pcs chopped tomatoes
10 pcs curry leaves (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown onions in oil on medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic, spice, and fry a bit
- Drain dhal, add to pot. Mix
- Add 2 cups of water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer.
- Add tomatoes. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander.